You can find our Anti-Bullying policy here.
At the ACE Academy, we are committed to taking a pro-active approach to tackling bullying issues.
We are currently taking steps towards obtaining the Anti-Bullying Quality Mark, a national qualification that is only awarded to schools and academies that have proven that they consistently and effectively tackle bullying and associated issues both in school and the local community. If you would like to know more about the award, please click here.
We have an experienced Student Welfare Team attached to each year group. This includes Heads of Year who are responsible for promoting positive attitudes across the school.
So far, we have:
- Educated all pupils in Years 7 - 11 on the ABQM, the impact of bullying and the bullying procedure in school through assemblies.
- Set up an Anti-Bullying Committee of pupils from Year 7 through to the Sixth Form which meets weekly to discuss issues.
- Discussed the proactive work we are doing to tackle bullying with parents and carers at the Parents and Carers’ Forums.
- Set up a timetable of ‘peer mentors’ for anti-bullying support. They supervise a ‘quiet space’ for pupils to come at lunchtimes if they prefer a quieter area to sit in. This is also supervised by staff and the Sixth Form.
- Had a dedicated tutor week where activities were based around anti-bullying materials
- All staff report bullying issues via MyConcern
- Weekly data report on bullying is shared with the Senior Leadership Team from MyConcern
- Continue to offer the Safe Room at lunch time for students to work with Sixth Form mentors
- Improved our classroom displays to include anti-bullying material
- Provided support for our LGBTQ students through assemblies dedicated to tackling homophobia
- Secured extra training on anti-bullying for all staff on the 16th April 2018 that is DFE (Department for Education) endorsed.
- A weekly SMSC showcase of how departments support anti-bullying at ACE in our staff bulletin.
Moving forward, we are setting up a ‘Steering Group’ which will support our whole academy approach to anti-bullying. It will include representation from the governing body, senior leadership, teaching staff, pupils and parents. If you are interested in being involved, please contact Carol Grainger at The ACE Academy by email: email@example.com
If your child ever experiences anything in school that makes them feel unsafe or uncomfortable, please contact the relevant Year Manager for their Year Group.
Please click here for updates on our progress towards the
Anti-Bullying Quality Mark.