Careers in KS3 (Years 7 and 8)
In Year 7 Career related lessons are embedded into our solace curriculum helping students to understand how their subjects link to future careers.
Year 7 also have the opportunity to take part in an enterprise event.
In Year 8 you will have to make your subject choices for GCSE. It is important that you keep as broad a range of subjects as possible over and above the core subjects. If you or your parents would like some help with these choices please make an appointment to see Mrs Helen Stevens or Mrs Vicky O’Connor. Alternatively, you can seek advice from your child’s Tutor or Head of Year.
Top Tips when choosing options
- It is your life not your friends choose what suits you best!
- How do you prefer to study? Vocational?
- Choose subjects that keep your options open if you’re not sure what you want to do.
- If you know your future career choice, what subjects will assist with that path.
- Look into each subject/qualification.
- Choose subjects you are good at and enjoy.
Year 8 also have the opportunity to attend a Careers Day in school where they attend lots of mini lessons to inform their options including a speed dating event with employers. This gives them the opportunity to ask real life employer questions about jobs that may interest them in the future.