Gifted & Talented
What does 'gifted and talented' mean?
Gifted pupils have high academic ability in a range of subjects.
Talented pupils have high levels of ability in Expressive Arts, PE and/or Technology.
Who is on the G&T register?
- Pupils are identified by data to appear on the G&T register.
- There are a number of criteria that are considered when identifying G&T pupils, these are:
- KS2 SATS scores
- CATS data
- KS3 SATS scores
- Interim report data
- GCSE results
- Pupils who receive 3 or more nominations from departments also appear on the G&T register.
What is the school doing to help my child?
- Additional training for teachers on how to stretch and challenge G&T pupils in their classes.
- Monitoring achievement 3 times per year after reports are issued.
- Intervention by Heads of Department if G&T pupils are underachieving in their subject.
- Mentoring KS4 pupils on post 16 options and future career choices.