The Academy Medical Conditions policy can be found here.
Ace Academy is an inclusive community that aims to support and welcome pupils with medical conditions
This school aims to provide all pupils with all medical conditions the same opportunities as others at school. We will help to ensure they can:
- be healthy
- stay safe
- enjoy and achieve
- make a positive contribution
- achieve economic well-being.
- ACE ensures all staff understand their duty of care to children and young people in the event of an emergency.
- All staff feel confident in knowing what to do in an emergency.
- ACE understands that certain medical conditions are serious and can be potentially life threatening, particularly if ill managed or misunderstood
- ACE understands the importance of medication being taken as prescribed. • All staff understand the common medical conditions that affect children at ACE. Staff receive training on the impact medical conditions can have on pupils.